VIEWING PATIENT WEB PORTAL RECORDS
Please see the instructions listed below for Patient Web Portal registration, usage, and troubleshooting.
Patient Web Portal Registration
Before using the Patient Web Portal, patient records must be sent to the Patient Web Portal from EyeMD EMR and the patient must register for an account. They will need to know the exact First Name and Last Name as it is saved in EyeMD EMR, SSN#, DOB, a valid email address, and the initial password set in Options – Interface Options (Default is 1234).
- Direct the patient to www.myeyecarerecords.com and have them register by clicking the Registration link.
- The patient will fill in the registration form asking for name, SSN, DOB, Email, Initial Password (1234), and a New Password. Make sure the patient enters this information exactly as it appears in EyeMD EMR. For instance, if they try to register their First Name as Mike when it is saved in EyeMD EMR as Michael, then they will be unable to register successfully. After filling in the form fields, click the [Submit Registration] button.
Note: If the patient enters their information differently than it is saved in EyeMD EMR, then they will get a “Registration Not Accepted” screen. They will need to click on the “click here” link and reenter the information exactly as it appears in EyeMD EMR.
- After the patient has registered successfully, they will get a “Successfully Registered…” popup. Click [OK] to be taken back to the Log In screen.
Logging into the Patient Web Portal
- Go to www.myeyecarerecords.com and log into the Patient Web Portal using the Email Address supplied during registration and the New Password, then click the [Log In] button.
- Click on the “View Document” link to bring up a pop-up window with the visit record (Note: Make sure pop-ups are allowed for this site).
- From this screen, the user can view the Continuity of Care Document (CCD) as well as download it to their computer.
- When finished, click the [LOGOUT] button.
TROUBLESHOOTING THE PATIENT WEB PORTAL
Patient Cannot Register
If the patient has tried to register multiple times, and cannot register, it is possible that the Patient’s information is incorrect in EyeMD EMR. If the information is found to be incorrect, you must submit the visits again after the corrections have been made.
Patient Forgot Their Password
You can reset the patients registration by going to Patient Edit, then clicking “Clear Web Portal Registration.”
The patient will now be able to register for an account again. Please see the Patient Web Portal Registration section for instructions.